Thursday, February 04, 2010

Bridge and Lescott nearing a return

Slowly but surely, the squad is beginning to take on a healthier look - and is set to have a very competitive feel to it. After Patrick Vieira's return to training, defensive pair Joleon Lescott and Wayne Bridge are set to return over the next week:
WAYNE Bridge is set to shrug off the problems of his personal life and return to action for the Blues at Hull on Saturday.

City could also welcome back £24million defender Joleon Lescott at the KC Stadium, but are still likely to be without Patrick Vieira, despite his return to full training yesterday.

But Bridge’s injury is progressing nicely and he is expected to return to the left back slot. Lescott, out for the same period after knee surgery, is also pushing for inclusion in Roberto Mancini’s 20-man squad.

Both defenders have been back in full training, and have impressed fitness coach Ivan Carminati, who told M.E.N. Sport:

“Joleon started with us last week with a warm-up and this week is 100 per cent with us in full training. When you have been out for more than a month, as he has, you need time, but I spoke to him yesterday and he is very happy.

“His knee is very strong, and unless things change he could be involved in the next game, and so could Wayne Bridge. They have a good chance for Hull, but if not, for Bolton next Tuesday. In a very short time they will be in the 20 and then Roberto will decide.”
The past few games have exposed some of the shortcomings in Javi Garrido's game so you would say Bridge's inclusion is an obvious one (depending upon his frame of mind of course).

For Lescott though it isn't quite as simple. He is synonomous with some of our defensive struggles earlier in the season, and a piece in the MEN highlighted his struggles as they rated the defensive pairings this season (something I'll more on tomorrow). His injury has allowed others to come in and stake their claim for a position.

Can you really justify benching Vincent Kompany - or even Dedryck Boyata - to accomodate Lescott? I'm not one who doubts his ability or that he will be a success with us, but he is surely going to have bide his time before he is back in the starting line-up again.

vote it up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have high hopes for Lescott on his return. Pretty much all our defenders looked poor under Hughes because he could not organise the defence. Richards and Dunne, who had arguably been the best pairing in the league under Sven, instantly looked hopeless under Hughes. This season Toure and Lescott both looked awful considering their reputations and same can be said for Bridge. Mancini has them relatively organised and that will continue to improve. This has seen all ouir defenders look much better and I am confident this will be the case with Lescott and Bridge. Garrido is just nowhere near good enough for the prem.

Unknown said...

Hi, very nice blog, if you are interested in link exchange, please let me know at support@soccer24.com.

felix said...

Excellent blog.

Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

I am very much interested in adding http://bitterandblue.blogspot.com
in my blog http://felix-googleblog-archive.blogspot.com .

I am pleased to see my blog in your blog list.

I would like to know whether you are interested in adding my blog in your blog list.

Hope to see a positive reply.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well !

Waiting for your reply friend !!!!!

michelle woods said...

Hi, I just want to share my experience with everyone. I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called MR GEORGE. he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for only money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions.. Four days later I received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, to my greatest surprise It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $3000 daily. ATM has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address georgewilder402@gmail.com